If selected for an interview, please keep in mind that this is an important part of the application process. We urge you to come well-prepared to your interview.
Students studying abroad with Tisch School of the Arts are required to live in NYU housing.
Browser requirements for the Tisch Special Programs Application are
listed below. Please check your browser to make sure it meets one of
these requirements, otherwise the application may not function
Chrome Version 16 and higher
Internet Explorer Version 7 and higher
Firefox Version 3.6 and higher
Safari Version 4 and higher
Document upload requirements:
No larger than 2 MB per file, with one of
the following extensions: .PDF, .DOC, .DOCX, .JPG, .RTF, .TXT, .JPEG
If your document does not meet these requirements it will not upload
properly and we will therefore not be able to view it as part of your
- Fall 2013: Monday, March 4, 2013, 5:00 p.m. (EST)
- Applicants must be undergraduate sophomores, juniors, or seniors during the 2013-2014 academic year and are expected to be in good academic standing.
- Applicants must have a 3.0 minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Applicants must have a valid passport.
- Applicants must be willing to reside in NYU assigned housing.
- Applicants to the RADA program must attend on-campus auditions. Video conference auditions can be arranged for those who are unable to travel to New York City.
Apply using the online application. You will complete and submit the application, recommendation forms, résumé, personal statement and, if applicable, your film treatment, photographs of yourself and monologue. Please note: all applicants are required to submit a personal statement (see below for more information).
All applicants must submit:
- Online application.
- Personal statement (see below).
- Creative résumé.
- Valid Passport (expiration date no earlier than 6 months past the end of the program you are applying to - see below).
- Two recommendation letters (see below).
- Official university transcript(s) submitted to our office. NYU students may submit an Albert transcript.
- NYU students are required to use their NYU email address.
- Non-NYU students should submit the $75 non-refundable application fee as directed in the online application
If any of the application materials are missing, you will not be considered for admission.
Upload or copy and paste under "Personal Statement" within the online application.
Choose 1 of the 3 following quotations to respond to in essay form. Your statement must be a minimum of 500 words and a maximum of 1500 words.
- "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." —Mark Twain
- "One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things." —Henry Miller
- "Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." —Miriam Beard
Upload a clear, fully legible copy of your valid passport in the “Required Documents” tab under "Document Management" as “Additional Information” in the online application. You do not need to submit a copy of the entire passport; only the pages with your photo and biographical information. The passport must be valid no earlier than 6 months past the end of the program you are applying to. The passport must have at least two adjacent blank pages.
If you have more than one passport, please submit both.
Within the online application, please enter the names and email addresses of your recommenders. At least one recommendation should come from an academic representative; the other could be from a supervisor at a previous field-related internship. Recommenders should be familiar with your performance and experience in the area of study that you are applying.
Students should allow their recommenders 1-2 weeks to complete the recommendations. Applications that do not have completed recommendations by the application deadline date will be considered only on a case-by-case basis.
Once you submit a recommender's information, they are emailed instructions on how to submit their online recommendations. If a recommender has trouble completing their online recommendation please have them contact our office. Students can track the recommenders’ progress through the online application system to see when the recommendations are completed.
Additional Application Requirements
Review the two silent films below. Write the production script for one of the two films based on what you observe. The script should have a length of 1 page per 1 minute of film.
RADA applicants must upload a headshot. This image should be uploaded to the “Required Documents” tab using “Photo/Image” under "Document Management" in the online application.
Students who meet the requirements for our programs will be considered for an interview and audition (if applicable). The interview is an important part of the application process. We urge you to come well-prepared to your interview. Students are contacted via email to schedule an in-person, telephone or video conference interview.
BBC applicants may be scheduled for a second interview. The second interview is in a group setting with all program finalists and will take place on the Saturday following individual interviews.
BBC interview and call back schedule is to be announced.
Applicants for the RADA program must audition. Interviews are conducted during the audition process. See Audition Dates and Details for complete information.
Video conference interviews can be arranged for those who are unable to travel to New York City.
Fall Program Notifications
Final status notification is sent via email.
Prague Notifications Emailed
Monday, March 11, 2013
BBC and RADA Notifications Emailed
Monday, March 25, 2013
Shanghai Acting and London Playwriting Notifications Emailed
Monday, April 1, 2013